I enjoy helping startups be successful, from achieving product-market fit to growing the team and planning for continued success. I've worked at large companies, small companies, advertising agencies and have many great lessons learned (some painful) that I'd be glad to share. I have a lot of experience with databases, backend architecture including services and api design, and making time-to-value decisions.
Some specific examples include:
- Updating legacy services written in python and nodejs and automating their deployments to ECS and Lambda using Jenkins, github, and terraform to provide new customer-requested features.
- Troubleshooting production problems involving python, nodejs, and various AWS services; implementing short term fixes; and proposing longer term product and architectural considerations.
- Troubleshooting issues with various AWS services including ECS, EKS, Lambda, DynamoDB, EC2, Kinesis.
Building an MVP electron [desktop] application for dental x-ray analysis to allow for early adopter on-boarding and ERB approval.
- Converting a CI/CD pipeline with nightly deployments to deployment-at-will for multiple services.
- Analyzing a corpus of emails to determine what interesting questions can be answered based upon email headers.
- Writing an email analysis service (python, flask, OpenAPI) with corresponding web application (ReactJS) for use with customer support, customer education, and lead generation.
- Writing hiring plans, job descriptions, technical challenges, and conducting interviews.