As an expectant and new dad specialist, part of my work has involved educating birth professionals on how to achieve better outcomes with men in the pregnancy, birth and early parenting spaces.
I empower midwives, doulas, childbirth educators, healthcare professionals and parenting professionals with practical tools, strategies and insights, developed by me over my 8+ years of experience.
I have facilitated birth professionals workshops in Australia and the USA, presented at midwifery, motherhood, childbirth education and perinatal mental health conferences, presented an educational webinar for the Australian College of Midwives, regularly lecture to first year student midwives and give talks at doula trainings.
Topics that I typically focus on in an in-depth and practical way include:
- What are the needs of expectant and new dads?
- What are engagement strategies we can use to get dads on board?
- What are some practical educational strategies we can provide to help dads to prepare to play these roles in a confident, capable and connected way?
- How do we provide support to expectant and new dads?
- What are some effective strategies for achieving better outcomes with challenging men and couple dynamics?
As a birth professional, I help fill this gap in your education, training and experience and help you continue to build your practice to help you achieve the best possible outcomes for your clients - something I know that we're all passionate about!
Are you supporting a couple now with a challenging dad / couple dynamic that you're struggling with? I can help you make the breakthrough you want to make.
In terms of providing post birth support to professionals, I have conducted a number of debrief sessions with doulas and midwives who have experienced a challenging scenario involving an expectant or new dad, and have been referred to me to understand what happened and why. This can make a real difference and help them move forward with healing, clarity and confidence.