Deep technical and industry knowledge of batteries, including EV + ESS, Pack + Cell, Lithium-Ion and other chemistries. Former head of battery engineering at Gogoro. Lived in Asia for 8 years and worked with all major cell suppliers. MIT graduate.
I can support you through any stage of the battery pack design or sourcing process. From a simple lithium-ion e-bike battery to a container-sized energy storage system (ESS), I have the relevant technical and industry expertise to accelerate your project. I can offer:
• General battery pack design and development best practices
• Specific electrical, thermal, and safety design techniques
• Cell-level know-how / chemistry selection
• Specific guidance on industry trends and prices
• Technical spec development and cost estimation
• Sourcing support (supplier selection, audit, qualification)
• BMS / EMS software algorithms to optimize performance and cycle life.
I am an MIT-educated energy storage expert with a decade of deep experience. I previously led a battery engineering team of 50+ members at a $1B+ LEV company, and now offer private consulting services in the EV and ESS industries. I have lived in Asia for 8 years and worked with senior levels of nearly every major cell manufacturer in the region. I look forward to working with you to make your project a success!