[8/10 – Present] eLearning Consultant – DGS Designs
• Developed Captivate courses for SUBARU STARLINK in-vehicle technology training: http://www.subaru.com/engineering/starlink.html
• Created Captivate training and simulations for Verizon call center employees.
• Responsible for writing, designing and developing blended learning course solutions for clients using the ADDIE model for instructional design.
• Created series of courses in Captivate 8 for Army SHARP program: http://www.sexualassault.army.mil/index.cfm
• Supported eLearning training efforts for the Army Logistics Modernization Program. Wrote and developed SAP Captivate courses.
• Created Captivate simulation recordings of AAA call center applications.
• Created series of Adobe Captivate e-Learning courses for Chicago Public Schools on Sexual Health.
• Developed Captivate simulations for State Farm insurance.
• Developed Captivate quizzes in HTML5 for ValueOptions® Inc., the nation's largest independent behavioral health care and wellness company: http://bit.ly/captivate_quiz
• Created Lectora eLearning courses for Walmart.
• Developed Articulate Storyline courses for Dell, PayPal and Interstate Batteries.
• Created interactive games for clients.
• Created an interactive software training course in Captivate 5 for Department of Motor Vehicles employees. I oversaw the project and provided project management support as well as doing the training development.
• Created eLearning course in Adobe Captivate 5 for United Guaranty: http://www.ugcorp.com/
• Experience with supervising people and handling multiple projects at once.
[7/08 – 8/10] Senior eLearning Specialist – Premera Blue Cross
• Responsible for working with client-side subject matter experts to analyze, design, write and develop course content.
• Responsible for building custom flash tools, applications and Captivate simulations.
• Determined learning and performance objectives.
• Developed Captivate simulations that mimicked real-world claims processing software.
• Developed and managed project plans.
• Mentored other developers.
• Wrote and developed enterprise-wide e-learning course on Oracle Siebel application for cross-functional departments at Premera.
• Wrote and developed HealthCare Fundamentals eLearning courses.
• Utilized Docent and PeopleSoft Learning management systems to enroll users and run reports.
[10/05 – 7/08] Senior Flash Developer – Expedia
• Initiated the launch of the Expedia e-learning department in the US and Philippines.
• Created the e-learning call center course library for Expedia which consists of 150 training courses, and a Flash media asset library which contains over 400 graphics, animations, interactions and games.
• Responsible for providing daily art direction and supervising graphic designers.
• Experience with writing technical content for training courses.
• Responsible for providing technical support to users.
• Responsible for providing support and reporting for 700 users.
• Took four months of Lean Six Sigma training.
• Worked with Allen Interactions to create a series of interactive learning games.
• Functioned as the LMS administrator:
- Loaded courses into the LMS
- Assigned learning plans
- Built pages
- Managed the system functions and reports
[4/05 – 10/05 (6 month contract)] Lead Flash Developer – Xerox Office Group Worldwide
• Responsible for creating detailed, complicated animations showing the intricate, detailed inner-workings of printers in Flash.
• Led the development team in the creation of a new Flash web-based layout for their move from computer-based training to web-based training.
• Created XML template in Microsoft Excel for generating custom, Flash training courses. The creation of this template reduced the overall development time in our department by 50%.
[3/03 – 4/05] Interactive Software Developer – AT&T/SBC Communications
• Responsible for the creation of award-winning interactive e-learning content for AT&T and SBC.
• While handling multiple tasks at certain times simultaneously, worked closely in a team environment with Instructional Designers, QA, Media Specialists and Subject Matter Expert (SME) personnel and created a wide variety of interactive and innovative blended learning solutions, including web-based training modules, webcasts, simulations, tools training and more.
[5/02 – 3/03] Graphic Designer – Digital Eel, Inc. digitaleel.com
• Designed and created client web sites.
[2/01 – 5/02] Graphic Designer – DGS Designs
• Created websites and Flash promotions for clients.
[6/00-2/01] Graphic Designer – KnowledgeNet knowledgenet.com
• Created technical web-based e-learning content for top-name companies such as Microsoft, Sun, Oracle, Cisco and EMC.
U.S. Government / Military Contracts
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA): Creation of flash simulation that allows FEMA Emergency Support Function, (ESF) responders the ability to communicate with a Team Lead, other ESF’s and FEMA counterparts while working from their own workstations. The simulation is set in a Regional Response Coordination Center and allows trainee’s to move through the scenarios at their own pace.
U.S. Department of Energy: Developed 38 eLearning courses in Captivate 5.5 on various topics such as energy commissioning and photovoltaics. I helped the client decide what the best methods were for creating and developing the training and deploying to a learning management system.
U.S. Army: Provided Flash and Graphic Design support for IDIQ contract for web-based training courses that trained soldiers on up-to-date information and processes. Created Captivate simulations for courses such as Mil Pay / Military Pay.
U.S. Government: Created application in Flash and XML to allow Instructional Designers to go to a website (on-line or off-line) and populate games from questions that they created in an XML question bank. The learner would then play these games with the Instructional Designer over a WebEx session.
Merck: Utilized Flash, Photoshop, PowerPoint, Lectora and Captivate to create interactive eLearning courses and projects for inside sales and pharmaceutical initiatives. Used Lectora to program and track variables in Adobe Flash files inserted in Lectora eLearning course interface.
NTT Workforce Development Institute: Developed a series of eLearning courses in Captivate 5.5 for Electrical Safety. http://www.nttinc.com/about-ntt
L'Oreal: Designed and Developed Flash eLearning course for L'Oreal Profit & Loss Essentials training. Created animations and graphics and utilized Flash ActionScript programming.
Frito-Lay: Designed and developed Diversity & Inclusion web based training course in Articulate Studio 2009. Used Adobe Flash CS5 to create a customized interface for the course. Used Articulate Engage to create interactions and Articulate Quizmaker to build knowledge check quizzes.
Coldwell Banker Real Estate: Created a video portal for agents to improve their productivity. Used the Kaltura platform to host videos: http://corp.kaltura.com/customers/coldwell-banker-case-study Also edited video clips for client.
CiNet Industrial Training Institute: Developed industrial training courses in Articulate Studio 2009 from provided storyboards. Sample course link: http://www.dgsdesigns.com/Clients/pipes_valves/player.html
Savers: Used Articulate Studio 2009 and PowerPoint 2007 to convert instructor led workshops to web-based training courses for Savers, a thrift store chain with 112 stores in 23 U.S. States. Used CertPoint LMS to enroll users in courses and run reports.
Deloitte Touche: Created interactive Flash presentation for Deloitte’s 2010 Global New Partner Seminar.
Six Red Marbles & Scholastic: Created a Flash-based interactive drag and drop activity for kindergarten students. When the student is done creating their project, they can print out the screen.
Creative Veteran Productions: Created animations and graphics for United States Department of Veterans Affairs course on Emergency Preparedness.
Modea: Responsible for developing Smart Phone Device Emulators in Flash and XML. The emulators allow consumers to interact with and experience the device without having the actual device in their hands. Link to HTC Droid emulator I worked on: http://www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia/mim/emulators/htc_droid_eris/emulator.html
Clarity Consultants: Developed training material and courses to support the T-Mobile G1 with Google phone launch.
Northwest Regional Educational Laboratories (NWREL): Created interactive training for U.S. federal government Americorps VISTA and LEARNS programs at: http://vistacampus.org/login/index.php
Microsoft: Programmed a Flash application in ActionScript 3.0 and PHP that allowed users to upload an image of their face to a web page and dress up a character with different outfits by dragging and dropping the clothes onto their character. After the user was done, they could export out their character as a saved image to their desktop via PHP.
MediaPro: Developed web-based training courses for the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, which included overviews of aircraft navigational and engineering systems. Also created graphics for use in the courses.
SOFTWARE ART PROGRAMMING
• Adobe After Effects
• Adobe Flash CC
• Adobe Illustrator CC
• Adobe Photoshop CC
• Adobe Captivate 8.0
• Adobe Dreamweaver CC
• Articulate Storyline 2
• Articulate Studio ‘13
• Trivantis Lectora Publisher
• Color Palettes
• Adobe Audition CC
• ActionScript 2.0, 3.0
Learning Management System (LMS)
[2004-2006] Western Governors University
B.Sc. in Computer Information Systems, (CIS)
[1999-2000] The Art Institute of Phoenix
A.A.S. Multimedia/Web Design 4.0 GPA
[1996-1999] The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale
2D and 3D Computer Animation
[1994-1995] The Disney Institute
Studies in Cel, Computer and Clay Animation
[1992-1994] Spokane Community College
A.A.S. Fluid Power Technology