I have created and delivered professional training programs for adventure travel entrepreneurs in Peru, Bosnia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Brazil, Greenland and many other countries in the developing world as well as the United States.
In 2004 I founded a consulting firm (Xola Consulting) focused on adventure tourism and economic development. In 2011 my consulting practice was acquired by Vital Wave Consulting, and our brand was sold to a travel software company, called Xola.com. Prior to founding Xola Cnsulting, I worked as a management consultant for KPMG Consulting/BearingPoint.
Some of my past consulting work has included:
1) For foundations, researching strategies to help reconcile environmental conservation goals with economic development objectives; project managing the deployment of mobile health solutions
2) For Fortune 500 companies in the pharmaceutical industry researching new product opportunities and market entry strategies for existing products
3) Creating frameworks for analyzing the complex interplay of environment, culture and technology necessary for development (for example, the Adventure Tourism Development Index)
4) Teaching seminars on sustainable adventure tourism for entrepreneurs and policymakers
5) Advising startups building technology platforms to sell travel services
6) Advising graduate students (Cambridge University, George Washington University, University of California San Diego) working on projects focused on social entrepreneurship and emerging markets