- Global leadership for a technology organization of 350 engineers including 5 directors and 12 managers.
- Leader of technology centers in Denmark, Italy, Poland, Germany, Brazil, Mexico, India, China & USA.
- Member of the Board of Technology and a regular participant of company and customer boards.
- P & L responsibility for a budget of $254.6 Million excluding salaries using SAP.
- Built a technology consulting practice from scratch to $2 Million Revenue in 4 years.
- Astute negotiator with extensive contract negotiation experience with banks, customers and suppliers.
- Delivered $1.3 Million cost reduction by optimizing structural components in one year.
- Successfully managed organizational changes in different countries and across borders.
- Extensive R & D network of many universities and technology companies around the globe.
- Created a design center in India to design consoles/electronics from a single source for the global operations.
- IP, patent portfolio analysis and Technology Roadmap strategies development and execution expertise.
- Credited with the prevention of the $75 Million recall of dishwashers across the globe.
- Led the modular structural development of a European platform adopted for the North American market.
- New product development responsibility from conceptual design to market of various systems.
- Regulatory agency (FAA, CAA, JAA, UL, DNV, GL, CGC, TUEV, BV) certification process experience.
- Global background of living in different countries of Middle East, Europe, Asia and U.S.A.
- Six Sigma black belt certified and experienced with process and product FMEAs.
- Editorial Reviewer of Journal of Energy and Power Engineering.
- Fluent in English, Swedish, Persian, German and basic Chinese.
Principal and Founder, Exponential Advisor, Århus, Denmark, Beijing & Fort Worth, TX, 2010-Present.
- Developed a consulting practice from inception to a $3.4 Million revenue business in 4 years.
- Advised CEO’s and board of directors of major business groups in China, France, Germany and India.
- Developed a European Wind R & D center for an Asian wind turbine manufacturer in Germany.
- Led several technology transfer initiatives from European and U.S. companies to China.
- Consulted on access control and related security products for Chubb Plc in UK.
- Extensively supported wind turbine type certification activities of different manufacturers.
- Served as principal investigator and formed an EU Funding consortium for an alternative tower program.
- Introduced direct drive generator and converter architecture and design to Asian manufacturers.
- Led an industry-wide supplier base initiative to form a single source casting part provider.
- Conducted multiple renewable projects’ evaluation and market development in different countries.
- Delivered low cost technology development projects utilizing established network in Poland.
Vice President of Technology R & D, Vestas Wind Systems A/S, Århus, Denmark, 2008-2010.
- Developed and managed a complete technology portfolio including advanced control optimization.
- Led the global aerodynamics, structures, controls, software and hardware design of complete wind turbines.
- Determined the value of engineering potential of various acquisition targets in different industries.
- Developed plans to restructure the Technology organization and to reduce numerous inefficiencies.
- Identified target technologies for reduction of cost of energy per individual turbine.
Global Technology Director, Whirlpool Corporation, Saint Joseph, MI, 2004-2008.
- Directed the global structures’ design and simulation organization.
- Designed and implemented the engineering technology’s roadmap including electronics and hydraulics.
- Managed the global packaging, acoustics and competitive analysis laboratories.
- Delivered major global projects within the cleaning technology on time and on budget.
- Developed the global design, product development and simulation strategies for the organization.
- Introduced and implemented sound simulation for complete dishwasher systems and active noise control.
- Implemented CETOL and automated tolerance stack up analysis and design process standards.
- Sponsored a global network of universities and suppliers to develop various technology systems.