Here’s some of the most common questions we get from our experts:
- How much should I charge? — Rates vary, of course, but the average 30 min call works out to about $50, which is approx. $1.60 per minute. Set your own rate accordingly.
- When do I get paid? — Fees are processed every 15 days via Paypal.
- Who’s going to be calling me? — You’ll be talking to a variety of people, but callers will mostly consist of entrepreneurs, business owners, freelancers, and executives. Clarity makes it super easy for them to find you.
- How does it work? — Easy. Create a profile through Linkedin and add all of your details along with a video if available. Link up your Paypal. Set your rate. Choose your category of expertise. Wait for the call requests to come in. Talk. Help. Get paid.
What if I’m not available? — Being available is an important part of being one of our experts, but we understand, things come up. Sometimes, you may even get pretty busy with callers and may be unreachable until you get caught up. A couple options you’ll have:
- You can remove yourself from the search so you become hidden.
- You can also set your status to unavailable, which lets people subscribe to be notified when you become available again.
- A portion of the fee goes to you guys, right? — Yep, we take 15% of the fee collected from the call. You get the rest.
Ranking high in our Clarity search is key to being one of our recommended experts.
We let the market decide how high you rank, but here’s some things that will help you rank higher:
- Have a complete profile — Link your profile up with your social networks and add a compelling description. Throw in a video if you have one. Brag a little. It’s okay. No one will know how awesome you are unless you tell them.
- Engage — The more your profile is out there, the better. Share it on your social networks and connect with others. The more calls and positive reviews you have, the better.
- Be responsive — We’re looking for experts who respond promptly. Highest ranked experts get back to advice seekers within 24 hours. Not too much to ask, right?
- Accomplished — Our experts are at the top of their field. Published authors. Successful investors. Thought-leaders. Impresarios. Passionate leaders. People who have funded, started, grown, and sold their own companies. This is the type of expert that does well on Clarity.
- Inspiring/Background. What have you done? Brag a bit — Do people often say things to you like, ”Hey, I really enjoyed our conversation. Could we sit down and talk again so I can pick your brain some more?” For a Clarity expert, that’s a good sign. It means you know how to inspire people.