Its been almost a year since I have been interacting with him. Few things which standout are:
1. Street smartness - You give him any task or bounce an idea with him .. you will definintely find a street smart way of looking at the things. A quality often found with doers and not just plain thinkers
2. Articulation - Have always liked the way he captures innovative ideas on a sheet of white space. When it comes to verbal articulation, even the best of the best, learn the art through rigour and execution. Am happy to have seen the same rigour and execution from him .. and it has definitely delivered results
3. Aggressiveness - A consultant always needs to be aggressive. Many a times it has to be silent aggression (assertiveness) and some times it has to be plain old school style aggression. Have found Amit a natural on this front.
4. Style - As a good consultant .. it is important that one not only completes the task well .. but also does it in style. This is an area where he can teach others.
5. Drive to work - You wont find many people volunteering for more and more work. He is definitely a guy who will take up that extra load ... willingly.
6. Goal oriented - It is important to have clear career goals so that you can channelize all your energy towards it. Have always seen him very dedicated to his goals.
I am sure he will move fast towards the goals he sets for himself. Hoping, that more and more achievements become just another milestone in the road that lies ahead of him.